Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Egocentric Ron and Boston Marathons

Hurrah for grammar.

Really, just look at this beauty.
I decided to flip through the thing, just for the heck of it, and then I saw something interesting in the pronoun section.

A relative pronoun introduces a subordinate clause.

Example: Cream is my friend who is training for the Boston Marathon.



(of course it said my real name but for all you know my name really is Cream, I mean I've seen weirder names so let's just settle with my real name could possibly be Cream but in this case it the textbook used my alternate name which has an odd evidently British spelling and the book spelled it like mine but anyway)

HOW EXCITING MY NAME IS IN A FUN FUN TEXTBOOK ABOUT GRAMMAR USAGE AND THEY SPELLED MY NAME THE SAME WAY I DO WOW MY LIFE IS COMPLETE 

Naturally I decided to do some research on Boston marathons

"The Boston Marathon is an annual marathon." no dip sherlock. "It takes place every year in Boston." -.- 

skim skim skim, la la la.

"The course runs through 26 miles and 385 yards."

HOLY. WHAT.

"Women aged 18+ must complete this in at least 3 hours and 35 minutes to qualify for the marathon."

Running. for. 3 hours. straight.

 I can hardly run for like 15 minutes straight.

So. I'm training for this Boston Marathon.

Dang, I'm good.

Moving on. I peeked a the margin in the "Tips & Tricks: Reflexive vs. Intensive Pronouns" and one of the examples went as follows:

Ron looks at himself in the mirror. 

Oh my, Ron Weasley. I see how it is. 

Oi. The title of this rhymes. Egocentric Ron! Boston Marathon! 

I suck at rhyming. 

4 comments:

  1. this has nothing to do with the actual post... sorry...
    but HI!!! I LOVE YOUR BLOG THEME! IT IS AWESOME! :D
    I also like the font... which is included in the theme, but it was soimportant that I needed to point it out *separately* :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yay thanks! it looks like my agenda... covered in random doodle-ys xD OH! SPEAKING OF WHICH caps lock whoops but speaking of which i need to add your blog to my side bar link things!! allons-y *flies off to do so*

      Delete
  2. ok i really like the boom gif XD ok im done i promise :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. heh sorry SUPER late reply but MEEE TOOOOO!!! it was the first gif saved onto my laptop xD

      Delete