Monday, November 5, 2012

Circles: A sorta sonnet by Cream

So

It's me again

Since I've been lazy I have a special surpriiiiiise!~

I was looking through the files on my old flash drive when I came across a lovely sorta sonnet I wrote in middle school about my hate for love and circles. *and shut up phan i know the iambic pendertesistforelhertz or whatever is off but poetry is poetry. it's the thought that counts*

And I give it to you here:

Riding a carousal around and round
The feeling of flying not lasting long.
She looks for you, but you cannot be found
I only see what’s been there all along.

You’re spinning in circles—a roundabout
Seeing merely what lies on the outside.
Why won’t you listen? Why do you have doubt?
It’s all about her, that can’t be denied.

I don’t understand. I won’t even try
But I know you’ll never escape the guilt.
Alright now, but soon to be sucked bone dry
Like when a bloom comes up, only to wilt.

A single circle lies in empty space
Is love boundless or just a hiding place?


2 comments: